Thursday, May 26, 2011

red velvet cheesecake brownies.

So I made the decision I was going to make red velvet cheesecake brownies for my trip this weekend. I think I made the right choice because they are delicious!




Ingredients for brownies:

1 cup unsalted butter
4-oz dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
2 cups sugar
4 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 tablespoon red food coloring
1 1/3 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt

Ingredients for cheesecake:
2 - 8oz blocks cream cheese, room temperature
2/3 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Step 1: line a 9x13 baking pan with aluminum foil and lightly grease.

Step 2: Melt butter and chocolate in a saucepan over the stove. Let cool for a few minutes.


Step 3: Using a large bowl, wisk together eggs, sugar, food coloring and vanilla extract.
(Pay attention to your food coloring labels because I almost wound up with green velvet cheesecake brownies)


Step 4: Add the melted chocolate and butter to your mix of sugar, eggs, food coloring, and vanilla.


Step 5: Slowly add in your flower and salt to the above mixture. I did not take a picture as I adding the flower and it looked almost the same after it was all mixed in. So another picture didn't seem needed!

Step 6: Pour your mixture into your 9x13 greased pan.


Step 7: Now you are ready to mix your cheesecake mixture. In a bowl, beat together cream cheese, eggs, sugar and vanilla until creamy and smooth. (If you are using a hand mixer like I was, I have a kitchenmaid mixer on my amazon wish list, be prepared to do this for about 5 minutes or more)


Step 8: Using a large spoon, place globs of cheesecake onto of your red velvet batter. (I prefer the word glob to dollop)


Step 9: Using the tip of a knife, swirl together the cheesecake and red velvet. I did mine vertically and then horizontally. I love how the pattern turned out! (Not that it matters once it is all cut up!)


Step 10: Now you are ready for the oven! The website I found the recipe from suggests 35-40 minutes of baking time at 350 degress. I think our oven is kind of lacking so mine were in for close to 50-1hr.

Fresh from the oven!!

Once they cooled for about 15 minutes I stuck them in the fridge to set up a bit more before I sliced them. I'll post another picture once I get around to that step!

I'll have to let you know what the reviews on them are. Hopefully everyone else thinks they are as good as I did! I know my friends at work are disappointed I'm not going in tomorrow because that mean's they don't get any brownies! BUT I'll have to make them again soon!

SHARE:

No comments

Design by Laugh Eat Learn // Theme by PipDig