Monday, May 09, 2011

very hungry pre-k.

Last week when I said my class was doing butterflies and caterpillars for the week I mentioned an activity we would be doing for The Very Hungry Caterpillar. I got this idea from my friend Meghan who teaches at a school in Maryland. One day she posted pictures of this activity and I thought it was so adorable!


After reading The Very Hungry Caterpillar, the students were asked what they would eat if they were really hungry. Some had ideas like those in the story, some had other ideas. The students wrote what they would like to eat and then drew a picture of it.


We painted paper plates green and then glued on our pictures. I took all the paper plates to make them into a caterpillar. One for the AM class and one for the PM class. The students love finding their work in the hallway when we walk by and the caterpillars came out super cute! 


I'm going to try and blog more this week. Getting back into the swing of things after being off of work for a week is a little challenging. Not to mention having a gazillion...and two...meetings gets in the way too!
SHARE:

1 comment

Anonymous said...

My family every time say that I am wasting my time here
at net, except I know I am getting know-how all the time by reading thes fastidious articles.
Feel free to surf my web blog unlock

Design by Laugh Eat Learn // Theme by PipDig