Saturday, October 08, 2011

Purple Sparkly Pom-Poms

These things are where it's at in my classroom right now! Out of the 17 students I had come to school yesterday, 16 of them were able to earn one.

Yes, there are 2 regular purple pom poms in there. I think every child reminded me of that.

As an extension of my behavior fish chart (you can see it here if you haven't already), at the end of the day, if students are on green or purple, they can put a green or purple pom pom in their class jar.


When the class jar fills up, we earn a treat! I will give them a choice of two different treats to earn. We haven't hit this point yet, so I don't know exactly how everything's going to work. But we've been working on counting numbers and determining which number is bigger, so they might be able to handle a vote as long as it's made very visual!

I needed to put some additional awesomeness to a purple pom pom. I was thinking a bigger one so they fill the jar sooner, but then I saw the sparkly pom poms. I should have had my camera out for the look on my students faces when I showed them a sparkly pom pom!

If you're looking for something to add an extra kick to your behavior management, or bucket filling, you need to get yourself some sparkly pom poms! I just wish I could find a BIG bag of sparkly purple ones because I need more!!
SHARE:

9 comments

Tara said...

ugggg....comments weren't working so this is my 3rd try (in case you get a bunch from me..lol) I want a sparkly pom pom! Can I be in your class??? Too cute!!

4th Grade Frolics

Erin Lukas said...

The kids love them!! They did just the trick!

Kristin said...

I love this idea! I'm going to try it in second trimester as an added bonus!
PS I saw your comment over at First Grade Blue Skies about finding Five Little Pumpkins on itunes. I can't find it. Do you know what the title of the song is? Or what search you did??
A Teeny Tiny Teacher

Erin Lukas said...

It's called Five Little Pumpkins and it's by Munchkin Music.

They also have Five little Monkeys swinging in a tree- you have to at least listen to the preview on that. My kids LOVE IT and the beat/tempo that goes with the song!

I hope that helps you find it, if not, let me know!

Kristin said...

Found it! Thank you so much -- I can't believe all of the songs on there that I have been singing for years WITHOUT music. I have been singing Five Little Monkeys, Baby Bumblebee, Five Speckled Frogs, and The Ants Go Marching all on my own! I am so excited to have these on my class iPod now!!! Thank you so much!
A Teeny Tiny Teacher

Erin Lukas said...

Oh your welcome!! I have 3 main CDs that I bought that have most of the songs on them that we sing, but a few come up here and there that I had to find. You'd be surprised what iTunes can offer for kids music! We also have "We're going on a bear hunt" the kids love that one too but we don't do it until the spring

Kristin said...

If you love Going on a Bear Hunt, you have to try out Going on a Treasure Hunt! My kids love the Bear Hunt but go nuts over the Treasure Hunt (pirates!). Check it out on Jack Hartmann's website: www.jackhartmann.com The cd is called "Math All Around Me". I don't think it's on itunes, though. I already tried. He has great songs!!!
A Teeny Tiny Teacher

Erin Lukas said...

That sounds like fun! I'll have to check it out! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Hobby Lobby sells bags of sparkly pom pom by color. I think they came in different sizes. I was able to buy them when they were on sale for 40% off. You could also use a coupon they usually have one every other week.

Design by Laugh Eat Learn // Theme by PipDig