Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Pumpkin Kiss Cookies

I made these a few weeks ago. Actually the recipe that made me seek out some Pumpkin Hershey kisses in the first place! These cookies were really yummy. Not so much a cookie texture, but still YUMMY! The batter was light and fluffy too, which I found interesting.


There are only 4 ingredients for these cookies. (That's always a plus too!)


That's one box of spice cake mix.
One can of pure pumpkin.
One bag of pumpkin Hershey kisses.
And one box of Sugar in the Raw. (no you will not need that much & if you have "sanding sugar" use that instead?)

The original website I found this recipe on is: Picky Palate. She had sanding sugar listed, but since I couldn't find any (I probably could have if I had looked harder) I decided to use sugar in the raw. 

You start by mixing your box of cake mix and canned pumpkin. It will probably look like this:



Next, spoon your dough out onto a greased cookie sheet. This is where the sanding sugar/sugar in the raw comes in. Picky Palate suggest rolling your ball of dough in the sugar, but the dough was too sticky for me to do that. I simply sprinkled it on top of my dough on the cookie sheet.


Bake your cookies for 11-13 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. They look so yummy as soon as they come out of the oven--and smell great too! At about day 2, my sugar had melted on top of my cookies making them a little sticky. (Maybe that's why she suggests the sanding sugar! They didn't taste any different!)

When you take them out, push the kisses into the tops of your cookies. Transfer your cookies to a cooling rack. I set my cooling racks on another cookie sheet, that way I could put my cookies in the fridge after I put the kisses on so they wouldn't melt!

Please ignore my chipped finger nail polish, although you probably hadn't noticed until I said that.

Let me know if you give these cookies a try! I'd love to know what you think of them!
SHARE:

2 comments

Jamie said...

I would love to try this recipe! I don't know much about sugar in the raw or sanding sugar. Can regular sugar be used?

Erin Lukas said...

I would assume so. I think the sanding sugar was just used in the original recipe for looks. Because it is a larger "chunk" sugar. I had a hard time finding it, but you could probably find it in Michaels or any craft store with a baking isle. Sometimes I see it in Home Goods too. Sugar in the raw can be bought at your local grocery store!

Design by Laugh Eat Learn // Theme by PipDig