Thursday, May 24, 2012

Before I lose my followers...

...I suppose I should starting writing blog posts again. I can't even begin to describe how busy I have been. It's just nuts. I love my job...I love my job...I love my job. 

Several weeks ago we did a bug theme. I had seen these ADORABLE lightening bug pictures on Pinterest, and knew we had to make them too. Then I clicked the picture and realized that they read "The Very Lonely Firefly", which was exactly what I wanted to do!

courtesy of Pinterest & I Heart Crafty Things

This website also has more great ideas for craftivities to pair with stories--exactly what I plan for our Friday Small Group Activities!

Here are our pictures making our fireflies. I wanted to find yellow band aids, but that wasn't an option. I had the band aids out of the wrapper for the students, but they had to take the backings off. Perfect fine motor practice activity. We also glued on some neon yellow glitter for the lights!



I didn't realize when I bought the band aids that I bought clear ones. Doh. Oh well, they still worked out! :)

Sorry it took me so long to share this idea! I have some new news headed your way here soon! Stay tuned! :)
SHARE:

7 comments

Tania said...

Super cute! My 4 year old (nosy) daughter is seating right next to me. She said "Oh my word, how adorable!" :)
My Second Sense

Erin Lukas said...

haha aww! I'm glad she likes them! :)

Lisa R. said...

Those butterflies are darling!!! I love it!

Lisa
Learning Is Something to Treasure

Kelley Dolling said...

These are darling. Thanks for sharing!! Hang in there :)


Kelley Dolling
Teacher Idea Factory

Traci Clausen said...

So adorable!


❤Dragonflies in First ❤

Rhoda said...

So cute!

I know what you mean about feeling like you'll lose your followers--it's been so busy this year too! One week left for me--good luck as you finish your year teaching!

Ayyerkps said...

Those butterflies are darling!!! I love it! Lisa Learning Is Something to Treasure

Design by Laugh Eat Learn // Theme by PipDig