Thursday, August 08, 2013

Did I Quit Clean Eating?

I gave you all 2 updates on how my clean eating adventures were going soon after I started them. Then I stopped....stopped updating! HA! No, I haven't quit clean eating, I'm still going strong, 10 weeks later and this is a lifestyle change that I beyond happy with!

I feel great, yes, I've lost weight, but I don't really care what the scale says. I just prefer to be happy with what I see in the mirror. My main reason for starting clean eating were the health benefits. I wanted more energy during the day. Since starting clean eating, I don't feel so lethargic. My alarm goes off in the morning; I get up. Versus sleeping through 3 alarms! AND I recently learned I lowered my bad cholesterol by 16 points. I'm pretty excited about that!

Just some tips I've learned along the way...

1. It will get easier! Clean eating is so hard those first few weeks. Especially if you are around foods you can't have. But it does get easier, MUCH easier!

2. You can learn to like things you never thought you would. Black coffee? Really. I used to put coffee in my cream. Now, it's either completely black or I add Sugar in the Raw. 

3. Never leave home without food! Seriously. Don't jeopardize something you are trying to do for yourself by finding yourself out starving with nothing to eat. I take apples, bananas, almonds, carrots, etc. with me all the time. Whether I think I will need them or not.


4. Don't be afraid to try something new. There are lots of new things I've tried. Making my own hummus? Tried it. Would I recommend it? Absolutely not. Chia seed pudding? Tried it. Would I recommend it? Eh- maybe not, but I do use chia seeds daily on my greek yogurt. 


I follow a company called Conscious Box on instagram and on facebook. I first started following them on instagram because I found posts like this to be very eye opening.


Conscious Box is a company that sends out a box of items each month that are organic, or non-gmo. They can be food items, household items, beauty products, etc. I've been debating signing up. I really want to and today I found just the thing to make me finally do it! Click on their name above to head to their web site and get more info on what they are all about.

AN EDUCENTS DEAL!! Yes, Educents has Conscious Box on their site today! I am so excited!

 Displaying consciousbox.jpg.jpeg

Would you consider signing up for Conscious Box? I did! I can't wait to see what comes in my first box!

*As a disclaimer, the link above to Educents will give me a very small commission if, and only if, you decide to order conscious box through the Educents deal.
SHARE:

5 comments

Kelley Dolling said...

Your post was great - you had me at Laura Bars and almonds ;) I have so many dietary issues it ain't funny . . . . I eat very similar to you!! It gets so frustrating at times, but you made the whole clean eating thing sound so positive. Thanks for the pick me up.

Erin Lukas said...

Glad I could put a positive spin on it for you Kelley! I definitely pay the price if I eat something that I "shouldn't" have now that my body has adjusted to it. There are things that I used to eat and love that I feel like can't even be considered food now that I have a better understanding of what's in them. I just started eating the Lara bars and I LOVE them. I think the cherry pie one is my favorite so far, but there are more I need to try!

Miss Kindergarten said...

I just had a blood test done this morning to check for cholesterol since it runs in my family! I hope it's not high, but I would like to try clean eating. I'm pretty good mostly. I always have a banana in my purse!

Erin Lukas said...

Hadar, I love it! It's amazing how much better you feel. It takes some time for your body to adjust and feel the benefits, but you have to stick with it. In the beginning I felt like if I ate even 1 bite of something that I wasn't supposed to have it would be like pulling out the bottom piece in a game of Jenga. I think that's what helped me stay on track so well. It helped me cut out things that were maybe worse for me than I thought they were--goldfish, cheese, lunch meats (so many preservatives), flavored almonds. Follow Conscious Box on Facebook! I love their posts about what's in different foods, it's so surprising!

Dominick said...

If you are finding the best antioxidant shop then I’ll suggest you for canadian vitamin shop because from this place you’ll get all the best quality supplements just at a reasonable cost. Also, you can use this kind of antioxidant without anykind of hesitation because there are no harmful side effects.

Design by Laugh Eat Learn // Theme by PipDig