At first thought, I wondered, really, what can I offer my readers when it comes to "Meet the Teacher" that they wouldn't already know? I mean, this topic could be a little redundant. Then I thought of my new followers, then I thought of all of the weird and random things about me that you probably really don't know. And we all love to be nosey. Hence the premise for this topic, right?
Let's get right down to it, shall we?
1. I dislike odd numbers. I don't know why, I just do. I can handle the number 1. It's cool. But other than that, there should always be even numbers. Unless you're decorating. Odd numbers balance out for decorating. That's maybe the one exception.
2. I'm funny about touch textures. I hate the feeling of newspaper and forget it if the pages of a book feel the same way. Not happening. I also don't like to get my hands wet. I have to "mentally commit" to getting them wet, then it's okay. I will always try and rinse out a cup or anything first without getting them wet.
...I told you these were weird and random things didn't I!
3. I cannot stand repetitive noises; i.e. tapping of pencils, clicking of pens, tapping your nails on things (cough, cough, MOM!--always taps her fingernails on things in the car) Fortunately crying doesn't fit into this category for me or else I might have to quit my job.
4. I re-paint my nails probably 2 times a week if I don't have a shellac manicure done. I hate chipped nails. 1 chip and we're done. It's all down hill from there. I will chip away at the remaining polish, then have to repaint them. It's really in the best interest of my time to just get manicures, but not always in the best interest of my wallet.
5. I love sour patch kids. The berry flavors are my favorite. I started clean eating and now I can't eat them anymore. They were the last thing I ate before I changed my diet and in the last 11 weeks, I've only had 1 bag. I was hoping I wouldn't like the taste anymore, but that wasn't the case. I enjoyed every little bite. nom. nom.
6. I don't like pencils. I've never liked writing in pencils. I was always trying to use a pen whenever I could in school. I don't know why, but I don't like the way that they write or how my hand writing looks when I use them. I'd much rather use a pen and scribble out a mistake. Erasable pens? Nope.
7. I've always had a white car. I'm on my 3rd car and it's white too. I debated really hard about getting a different color, but was too chicken I just wouldn't like it. I guess it's just a white SUV kinda life for me.
8. I like the strangest TV shows, or so I think. My favorite TV series are The Walking Dead (yes, zombies), Big Bang Theory, Under the Dome, and just recently I got hooked on Breaking Bad. I need to go back and watch the first 4 seasons though. My birthday is on Wednesday--anyone looking to get me a gift?
9. If I find a piece of clothing I really like, chances are I own it in more than 1 color/pattern/print. I love lots of tops from J.Crew, not to mention a solid color can match tons of things. Chances are I have it in at least 3 different colors. Favorite shoes? Have them in 3 different color options too.
10. I'm allergic to nickel. Jewelry or anything with nickel in it will make my skin break out. It's gotten much better the older I have gotten. I remember getting a rash on the back of my legs in elementary school from those little metal things on the chairs. Pitiful I know.
Well, there you have it. 10 really weird and random things about me. Hopefully things you didn't already know--I want this post to be at least somewhat interesting to you! ;)
Now, grab the button and link up too if you'd like. I'm off to find out if any of you are any weirder than I am...