Sunday, January 19, 2014

Snug as a Bug.... {in a Mitten!}


Move over Dinosaur Roar, I have a new favorite unit! When I updated my Dinosaur Roar unit last year it quickly became my favorite product. However, now there's a new favorite in town! 

I really love updating older units or activities that I made. {my secret favorite part is making new covers!}

I've updated my Mitten Unit, which used to be a mini unit with only 4 activities. It now has so.much.more! 6 new activities in fact! If you previously purchased this item you are getting a HUGE deal because you can download the revised version for free!


The activities in this unit also have the specified Teaching Strategies GOLD and Kindergarten Common Core Standards that apply.

Here's what you'll get:  

1. Mitten Counting

2. Interactive Mini Book

3. Memory Game
This game comes with colored picture cards or black and white picture cards.

4. Vocabulary Cards

5. Read, Trace, Write Cards

6. Story Props
This activity comes with colored picture options or black and white.

7. Positional Terms Practice
This activity comes with colored picture options or black and white.

8. Animal Fact Posters

9. What I Learned Writing Sheets
Writing sheets come in two different options. One with 6 lines of writing space or one with 3 lines of writing space and a larger drawing section.

10. Tens Frame Cards


I should have snapped a photo this week...my students loved the store re-telling props and putting the animals into the mitten while we read the story. This is a great way to get the children to participate during read alouds. They have to be listening carefully so they know when the animal they are holding is called.

If you wanted to do this activity with a larger group of students, print multiple animals. More than one student could have a rabbit to put in the mitten, right?

We will also be practicing our positional terms this week. This is one thing all of my students can use practice with, and we assess our students on this skill using Teaching Strategies Gold.

To check out this unit or download the update if you had previously purchased it, click below to go to my TpT store!

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Snug-as-a-Bug-in-a-Mitten-Updated-12014-190301

And last but not least, maybe you're looking for some MLK activities to include in your lesson plans for this week. My friend Maria at Kinder-Craze has her interactive sight word reader for MLK day for free on Educents! You won't want to miss this deal! {Click the photo below to grab it!}

 http://www.educents.com/featured-deals/mlk-freebie.html#eblecki
SHARE:

1 comment

Unknown said...

Looks adorable, Erin! :)

- Sasha
The Autism Helper

Design by Laugh Eat Learn // Theme by PipDig