Monday, February 03, 2014

Val-Pals {Valentine's Day with Staff}

Raise your hand if your school has a sunshine committee, or some group that "spreads sunshine". Yes, I thought there were quite a few of you. The names for these groups vary, but I've come to the consensus that almost every school has something similiar.

Our sunshine committee tries to plan 1-2 events a month to bring staff together either at work or outside of work. Mostly outside of work, however, val-pals are a great in school activity!


I can't take credit for this idea at all, in fact, I'm sure it's all over pinterest. We did this last year, before I was "in charge" and it was popular.

Those interested in participating will put their name on a slip of paper in the jar. After everyone has a chance to put their name in, they will draw a name. That is their val-pal for the week! This person should stay a secret!


This is my mock-up of the set up. I didn't want to take actual photos in our teacher's lounge. That is where I will be setting this up. The Valentine corn is just an extra to get their attention!
 
Monday - Thursday you will give something small to your val-pal, typically under $5, and then on the last day, a Friday, you reveal who you are to your val-pal and do a little bit of a larger gift, something under $10.


We're also planning a "Things I Love" party for the end of the month. This is such a huge hit we often do more than one of these a year and simply change the theme!

Is your staff planning something  fun and festive for Valentine's Day or the month of February? I'd love to hear your ideas!
SHARE:

2 comments

Unknown said...

Such a sweet idea!
Jennifer
First Grade Blue Skies

Krista Happ said...

Love it! We do something similar in our building and call it "February Friends"! Your set up is much more adorable though!

-Krista
The Second Grade Superkids

Design by Laugh Eat Learn // Theme by PipDig