Friday, November 06, 2015

Sensory Table Visual Support {FREEBIE}

Do you work with students with low verbal skills? I have students in my classroom who are completely non-verbal, communicating with only pictures, students who use an AAC device, and some students who use verbal speech, but still benefit from some visual supports here and there.

The other thing about my students? They LOVE the sensory table. I think some of them would put their whole bodies inside of it if I'd let them. I try to change the table each month to provide different sensory experiences and build in some thematic vocabulary.

This month, for November, the base to our table is hay and I've added fake leaves, acorns, feathers, and some pine cones. You can also find pom-poms, some glitter foam leaves and plastic acorns/leaves.


I've created a visual support to use while working with kiddos at the sensory table. It is great for labeling, commenting, and in some cases even matching. We can practice identifying the colors we see the table, the objects we see and also placing items on top of the pictures to match the real item to the picture.


You can snag this visual support for {free} in my TpT store. I also had one created for the month of October if you want to grab that one for next year you can find it {here}.

I can't remember exactly what is in our December one, I know the base is green and red noodles with I believe tiny presents and pom-poms. There are other items as well, but I can't remember them right now.

Hope this freebie is something you can use!



SHARE:

6 comments

Anthony Fedor said...

More details about sensory table will get from dissertation writing service.This is one of the online writing service.This service more useful for student to outlining,structuring and formatting the dissertation document.Students can easily remove their writing problem through this service.Any type content information can provide by this service.

Md Sabbir said...



Before designing your poster, dine egne t-shirts,egne banner,egne flag,logo,USB stick,banner etc spend time planning ahead,You can get the best tips by visiting our website, Check out please:Magnetskilte design

Swif Panchis said...


If you're ready to start taking your t shirt design skills to the next level, you can find a free, simple, easy-to-follow Link, Did I mention it's free? Check it out! design dine egne t-shirts

Swif Panchis said...



Designing a poster(plakat),logo etc in online can be frustrating, often times
we try to include too much information and loose the focus of our message.
Visit our site today and see what we can do for your business.
design dine egne flag

Katherine Hayden said...

Yes i used to work with the students. I am a professional writer in academic essay writing services. The skills of the students are different. so we train the students knowing their capability in writing.

Lydia Loftis said...

As a writer, I have got some memorable moments with students. I am happy to hear about your experience with students who possess low-verbal skills. Some students from different universities are my clients. They prefer best essay writing service to brush up their writing skill.

Design by Laugh Eat Learn // Theme by PipDig