Thursday, October 27, 2011

Candy Corn Cookies

I found this idea on pinterest from Kathie Cooks. They are super easy to make! However....here's the photo I pinned:


And here's a photo of my cookies:


Someone explain to me why her cookies look perfect and mine don't. Let's be real. The oven is going to "golden brown" your cookies. Can you even avoid that happening? Is it because her cookies are sliced thicker? SOMEONE ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS!?!?!

Anywho, Kathie lists ingredients to make your own sugar cookie dough. I cheated. I bought 3 bags of sugar cookie mix.

You will need a loaf pan and some wax paper for this as well. I made my white first and put the cookie dough into the loaf pan.


Then the orange was next and put that dough on top of the white in the loaf pan.


ORANGE PHOTO WHY ARE YOU MISSING?!?!

Last, came the yellow.


Next, refrigerate your cookie dough in the loaf pan for a few hours or overnight as Kathie suggests. I didn't have that kind of time, so I put my dough in the freezer for less time. Either way you choose, I wouldn't advise skipping this step. You need your dough to be firm to remove from the loaf pan and slice.




So, now go and make your own candy corn cookies and let me know if YOUR edges turn out brown?!!? These are perfect to make and take to a party, get together, or anything of the sort. That's what I did with mine. This recipe makes a lot of cookies!
SHARE:

2 comments

Miss Kindergarten said...

How funny, my friend just posted about the same cookies!! Check hers out, maybe it's a different recipe {I'm too lazy to actually figure this out myself...} http://jamies365photochallenge.blogspot.com/2011/10/day-190.html

Erin Lukas said...

Now I feel like I REALLY need to try making them with the dough from scratch instead of cheating with the bag mix! Maybe that's the trick!

Design by Laugh Eat Learn // Theme by PipDig