Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Things that Go Unit

Back in this post with my word family trains I talked about hopefully getting around to putting together more train/transportation themed activities for a unit. I finally got around to it! I'm excited about all the activities myself & can't wait to use it in the classroom. I never got around to a transportation theme last year, so I'm really looking forward to it as a new theme too!


There are 7 different activities included in this unit:

Alphabet trains: fill in the missing letter on the set of train cards.
Memory game: print 2 copies of each card and play a memory game.
Read, trace, and write: vocabulary cards to read the word, trace the word, and then write the word yourself.
Counting trains: roll a dice and add that number of train cars to the train. For older students, write the number from the dice in the box on the engine car.
Sorting trains: mix all of the train cars and sort them out to their engine train.
Counting cards: flash cards for counting
Driving letters: "write" the letter by driving a toy car along the lines.



This unit is listed on my Teacher's Notebook Store and my TpT store! Head on over to see them if you're interested!
SHARE:

No comments

Design by Laugh Eat Learn // Theme by PipDig