I was actually pretty proud of myself for creating so many things off of my pinterest boards that I just HAD to share them with you. And hope that you give an ounce of care about what projects I'm ACTUALLY doing off of my boards. (Hello, this blog is SUPPOSE to include crafts too. I try to remind myself of this!)
1. Let's start with some Reindeer. I had my students make their hand prints in brown paint. When they were dry I laminated and hot glued on eyes & a nose, & added a string so they could have them has an ornament for their parents!
2. Moving on to snowmen. I pinned this idea a while ago and just love it. The one I pinned is with hot glue, but we made ours with Elmer's glue and they turned out so cute! Definitely give yourself plenty of drying time. My sample one took a few days.
3. Size sequence trees. I'm not sure of the originator of this idea, but I saw them pinned many times on pinterest. I love how individual each one of them turned out!
4. Triangle Santa. I found him on A Cupcake for the Teacher & pinned it. I think we made him like two days later! Loooove loooove this idea! As you can see, my faces are a little different!
4. Glitter ornaments. I pinned this one over the summer I believe! The one I pinned uses ink & glitter. I happened to find a simpler one using a floor polish & glitter. I LOVE them. They look store bought & are so easy! What an excellent way to easily make ornaments in the exact colors that you want! Click here to check out the floor polish version.
|Closer up on my crafting table while they were drying.|
5. White chocolate peppermint popcorn. The first time I saw this idea it was with chex cereal & I didn't pin it. In my quest to relocate it, I found the popcorn version & loved this one even more. I thought it was different since you see SO MANY different chex recipes. Not to mention it turned out to be DELICIOUS. My mom and I ate so much of it! We also added powdered sugar to it. The recipe didn't call for that. You can see in the photo above how I packaged it to give to some teachers at work for gifts! :)
6. This one isn't a pinterest idea. This was mine & my para's gift to the students. I've had several children mention that they don't have crayons at home. I think every home should have at least 1 box of crayons! So, one of us bought crayons & one of us bought the coloring book. Both can be found for a little under a dollar so it wasn't necessarily that expensive. We bundled them up and voila!
|PS: Like my PINK tags? My printer was clearly low on ink!|
Hopefully you are either out of school already, or today was your last day. If you have to work tomorrow, I have incredible sympathy for you! Do you have any plans to actually get around to anything on your pinterest boards while you're home on break? Any delicious cookie recipes you have found and want to share?!