Sunday, September 09, 2012

The Wheels on the Bus Go Round & Round!

Well tomorrow will be my first day back with my pre-schoolers! Yes, I have been at work for the last 2 weeks, but I've been helping out in Kindergarten--which, by the way, I LOVED!

Our first several weeks of school will really be just about focusing on our rules and routines. Even I need to get used to a new routine as I will have full day Preschool instead of half day Preschool this year!

During Large Group Time this first week we will be learning The Wheels on the Bus & 5 Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed & then adding them to our song book.

First we are going to read the books, and then we will listen to the songs on CD, sing, and do the hand/body movements. When you are 3 & 4 with the attention span of maybe 30 seconds - 1 minute, sitting to listen to a book can be a challenge. I created activity cards to hand to my students while we read the books. 

Giving the students something to hold on to while we read makes such a huge difference and engages them in the story much more than they would be just sitting there.

You can purchase the activity cards for both of these stories in my TpT store by clicking on the images below!



SHARE:

1 comment

Unknown said...

I'm all about having manipulatives to use during story time/songs! Keeps kids so much more engaged!

Good luck on your first day with your little ones :)

- Sasha
The Autism Helper

Design by Laugh Eat Learn // Theme by PipDig